Director of Operations
San Jose, California
As Director of Operations and Manufacturing for an innovative medical device company, you will be responsible for providing overall direction and guidance to the manufacturing activities with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability. This position provides day-to-day leadership and management to the manufacturing functions at the company's facility in the Bay area.
This created role requires a charismatic and STRONG LEADER who will function as the leader for custom manufacturing utilizing 3D scanning and printing.
You will need to be tech savvy, decisive, a strong influencer and have a business and financial acumen to support your recommendations in a very complex environment.
Manages organization operations by directing and coordinating manufacturing activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies
Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, maintenance, and supply chain activities
Ensures that as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness
Implements improved manufacturing processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
Works with Manufacturing Engineering to establish manufacturing standards for cost control and waste reduction, spearhead the design, development, communication and execution of “lean” manufacturing culture and processes, and implement manufacturing best practices, such as 5S lean manufacturing.
Reviews, analyzes, and prepares reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for manufacturing planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- 10 - 15 years experience in manufacturing / operations with progressive growth in responsibiliy.
- 5 years in similar role in a med device, life science or OEM manufacturing company
- Familiarity with 3D printing and 3D scanning
- Line management, discrete manufacturing, and manufacturing engineering or quality engineering experience preferred
- Experience in lean/continuous improvement leadership roles and strong knowledge of MRP and ISO systems and processes
- Practical project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Engineering, or Manufacturing related field.
- Masters and/or MBA strongly preferred
Location: San Jose
Direct Reports: Responsible for 30-40 people total ?CA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Travel: As needed
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.