This entrepreneurial and disruptive organization is commercializing a first in kind technology, with a strong portfolio of patented technology and next generation Implants. This fast-moving company is looking for a hands-on Process Engineer, to define and execute on product manufacturing transfers. They will have a key stake in effective timeline management of commercial and future technologies. This individual will have the ability to develop efficiencies and have input in the early design phase to ensure products are feasible within the manufacturing process. This individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and be able to collaborate in strategic timelines. The company is results driven organization with a strong mission focused on the end goal.
(Including but not limited to)
- Supports design and implementation of manufacturing capabilities
- Supports development team by leading all manufacturing transfer design history file protocols, reports, and activities
- Selects, recommends, and qualifies preferred solutions to design problems.
- Prepares product specifications.
- Designs manufacturing capable components to solve given mechanical problems.
- Devises test protocols/methods and analyzes test data.
- Assists in the solution of problems associated with the manufacture of the product.
- Investigates proposed changes in the manufacturing process and/or product design.
- Directs technicians in the performance of testing procedures required for assigned projects.
- Develops and works with third party resources to obtain prototype parts, test fixtures and general machine work.
- Contacts and directs the efforts of outside sources (e.g., Technical Consultants, Machine Shops, Suppliers) to obtain prototype parts and/or finished products.
- Operate and be proficient in the use of general machine shop equipment (e.g., milling machines, lathes, drill press, grinding machines, etc.)
- Complete and coordinate machine shop projects.
- Supports the transfer of knowledge and manufacturing to internal and external manufacturing sites.
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters or Advanced Degree (PhD) in Engineering (Highly Preferred)
- 2 to 5+ years of design in Orthopedic or Spinal Implants
- Strong Success in Manufacturing Design transfer
- Strong ability to work cross functionally in entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong CAD experience - SolidWorks
- Stable Career history with Proven Success
- Previous experience in CNC or metal work a plus
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
- Strong capacity to find solution independently
Employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects of 50 to 75 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prior experience from the following companies a plus:
Biomet, Microport, Wrght Medical, Allosource, Aesculap, Alphatec, Amedica, Anulex, Archus, Arthrocare, Atlas Spine, Avalign, Baxano, Benevenue, Biomet, Biomimedx, Centinel Spine, Choicespine, Codman, Depuy, Dfine, DiscMotion, DJO, Eminent Spine, Endius, Exactech, Flexuspine, Globus, Greatbatch, Integra LifeSciences, Integra Spine, Interventional Spine, Invuity, ISTO, Joimax, K2M, Kensey Nash, Kyphon, Lanx, LDR, Lifespine, Magellan Spine, Mako Surgical, Mazor Robotics, Medtronic Spinal, Medtronic Spine, Mekanika, Nexgen Spine, Nspine, Nuvasive, Orchid, Ortho Development, Orthofix, Orthovita, Osteomed, Osteotech, Pacific Spine, Paradigm Spine, Phygen Spine, Pioneer Surgical, Premia Spine, Raymedica, RTI Biologics, Seaspine, Simpirica, Simplicity Orthopedics, Sintea Biotech, Smith Nephew, Spartek Medical, Spinal Elements, Spinal Kinetics, SpinalMotion, Spine Align, Spine Smith, Spine Surgical, Spinecraft, SpineNet, Spineology, Spinesmith, Spinevision, Spinewave, Stryker, Stryker Spine, Surgical Orthomedics, Synthes Spine, Thekan Spine, Titan Spine, Trans1, Ulrich Medical, US Spine, Verticor, Vertiflex, Vertos Medical, Wenzel Spine, Wright Medical, X-Spine, Zimmer, Zyga Technology, Si-Bone, Renovis, Additive Orthopedics, 3Dsystems, Orchid Orthopedics, Symmetry Medical, Tecomet,
Keywords for this Title Include: Project Manager, Design Engineer, Manufacturing engineer, Product Development Engineer, Project Manager, Program Manager, Co-op,
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.