Sr. Project Manager
An established medical device company has acquired an innovative and disruptive technology leading them to the forefront of their clinical area. Our client operates in a complex, empowering environment where leadership, collaboration, and flexibility are key for success. Due to the confidentiality of this search, more details about our client’s technology will be shared in conversation.
The Project Manager will lead the Product Development process from conceptualization through product launch. The Project Manager will be responsible for working cross functionally with Quality, Manufacturing, R&D, and Marketing teams to push each phase of the development process across aggressive timelines.
- Works cross-functionally with Marketing, Clinical Development, and Quality functions to understand and translate customer need into functional, safe and sellable product
- Conduct design reviews and Project Files
- Work closely with remote manufacturing
- Coordinating with multiple contract manufacturers, including international vendors
- Executing projects for vendor sourcing and on-boarding
- Working closely with the product engineering group and the quality group in setting up production processes.
- Responsible for smooth transitioning of new products onto the production floor
- Define and develop business relationships, necessary for success of projects
- Communicate NPD updates and present to all levels of management
- 8-10+ years of applicable Project Management / Product Development experience in a medical device environment
- High level of new product development understanding
- Deep understanding of the design control process as well as best practices and engineering analysis
- Contribution to process improvements
- Investigative and analytical problem solving skills in solving complex design problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical preferred)
- Masters’ degree preferred, PhD ideal
- Six Sigma design expert
Keywords for this title include: Project Manager, NPD Manager, Project Engineer, NPD Engineer, Product Development Engineer, Principal Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Design Engineer
Keywords for this position include: NPD, New Product Development, R&D, Research and Development, Engineer, Design, Development, ISO 13485, Project Management, PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt, SSBB, Six Sigma Green Belt, SSGB, Manufacturing Floor, Medical Device, Vendor Management, Project Manager, Operations, Vendor Management, Projections, Timelines, Time Management, Product Development, PMP, Project Management Professional
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.