Sr. Staff Engineer, Mechatronics (On Hold)
The (Sr.) Principal Mechatronics Engineer will be responsible for the reliability, design, technical oversight, and development of the electromechanical systems and subsystems for a surgical robotic platform utilizing multi-modal flexible robotic technology in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The position will entail working both hands-on with the electro-mechanical systems and subsystems.
- Provide technical guidance in the following:
- Electro-Mechanical Design
- Controls Engineering / Kinematics
- System Integration
- Transitioning from Prototype to Product Development to Product Release
- Technical and project leadership responsibility, working within a multidisciplinary robotic product development team.
- Contribute to technical discussions, with responsibility for mechanical design decisions.
- Product Life Cycle Support / Maintenance
- Ensuring QA and RA requirements are met (FDA and EU)
- 15-20 years of complex robotic mechanical/electrical development
- Product development experience in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience creating documentation and test specifications.
- Design for Manufacturing - DFM
- Design for Serviceability - DFS
- Hands-on fabrication and prototyping experience
- Electrical / Systems Engineering experience in the following:
- Electro-Mechanical systems engineering, motion control
- Embedded Systems design and development
- System and Subsystem Testing experience against specifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electromechanical Engineering minimum
Keywords for this title include: Mechatronics Engineer, Electromechanical Engineer, Staff Engineer, Controls Engineer, Project Engineer, Embedded Controls Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer
Keywords for this position include: Electronics Design, Motion Control, Medical Device, Robotics, Automation, Navigation, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Kinematics, Controls, Embedded Systems, Surgical Robotics, Electromechanical, IEC 60601, FDA, 13485, Motors,
Prior experience from the following companies or similar is helpful: Transenterix, Mako, Acclarent, Intuitive Surgical, Stereotaxis, Vital Images, Hansen Medical, IMRIS, Perfint, InTouch Health, Mazor, Robosoft, Mobile Robotics, Denso Robotics, BioFlex, MRI Robotics, Health Robotics, Accuray, CyberHeart, Device Technologies, Immersion Robotics, Restoration Robotics, Interactive Motion Technologies, FLIR, Computer Motion, Analogic, Boston Scientific, Elekta, Covidien, Konica Minolta, Stryker, Argo Medical Technology, Cyberdyne, Hocoma, iWalk, Kinea Design, Myomo, Ossur, Otto Bock Healthcare, Parker / Hannifin, Rex Bionics, RLS Steeper, Tibion, Titan Medical, Touch Bionics, Victhom Human Bionics, Orthosensor, Brainlab, Medtronic, Auris Surgical Robotics, Think Surgical, Varian Medical, Catheter Robotics, Cambridge Consultants, Foliage, DEKA Research and Development, GE Healthcare, Covidien, Blue Belt Technologies, NDS Surgical Imaging, Proven Process Medical Devices, Hitachi, Siemens, NeoGuide Systems, Biotronik, Biosense Webster, Karl-Storz, Neurologica, TeraRecon
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.