Biomedical/Electrical/Optical Engineer | Highly Complex Medical Device
Southeast, -- US
Well-funded, disruptive, pre-revenue surgical company continues to expand in the Southeast US - this position includes International Travel.
Join a growing engineering team to support the product development activities though the design, development, and manufacture of mechanical and electromechanical medical device systems for use in complex, computer assisted surgical procedures. Working in company’s headquarters, you will manage sub-systems, developing design inputs for highly complex electromechanical surgical systems. You will also travel domestically and internationally to support clinical investigations by performing installations of the surgical system at clinical trial sites, performing basic equipment troubleshooting, and providing technical and procedural training support to internal and external customers.
Position Responsibilities: (Engineering)
- Apply engineering principles, analytical skills, and empirical methods to develop robust product designs which include vision systems, endoscopic instrumentation and miniaturized 3D cameras for a complex
- Manage contract engineering and manufacturing partners.
- Participate in test planning and development to ensure instrument systems and sub-systems conform to requirements on reliability and robustness.
- Interact closely with project management, mechanical, electrical systems, and software engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
Position Responsibilities (Clinical Applications)
- Support service product troubleshooting in situations where product and clinical expertise is required to determine whether a customer problem is in the operation of the system or by being the authority to judge if a system is up to a reasonable expectation of system’s performance.
- Install, document and maintain surgical system and peripherals at investigational sites.
- Assess and provide technical applications and procedural training support to the investigator(s) and site staff, CRO, and company staff as appropriate.
- BS in biomedical, electrical, optical engineering, Masters or PhD desirable.
- 5 years of experience in the medical device industry and experience in a clinical setting.
- Hands-on experience effectively resolving design, manufacturing, and vendor issues associated with tightly specified parts, component variability, and obsolescence.
- Familiarity with complex electromechanical systems and troubleshooting preferred
- Strong computing skills including Matlab, MS Office Suite, MS Project or equivalent.
- Knowledge of C# programming language is highly desirable
Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with education & experience
Travel: 50%, including international travel
Direct Reports: High level individual contributor
Years of Experience: 5+
Degree: BS in Biomedical, Electrical or Optical engineering. Masters or PhD desirable.
Location: Southeast United States (limited relocation assistance available)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Legacy MedSearch was named to the 2019 Forbes list of Best Recruiting Firms in America.
Arshad is a seasoned recruiter in the healthcare space with over 15 years of experience in promoting career growth for healthcare professionals. He has played a critical role in the launch of several startup companies. He is known for versatility and leadership; expert in overseeing high-level priorities and a broad range of responsibilities.