Chief Operating Officer | Diagnostics | Seattle (Remote)
Seattle, WA US
Chief Operating Officer | Diagnostics | Seattle
This position may be located anywhere in the US initially, but as the company grows, we’ll be looking to relocate you to our Seattle-based headquarters.
An early-stage diagnostics company is looking for a senior executive to join their team! As the Chief Operating Officer, you will be guiding this in-vitro diagnostic device manufacturer on multiple fronts as they mature through the next few years. You will be a key player in the hiring and overall success of the commercial arm of this growing startup!
In this executive role, you will have two core responsibilities – manufacturing and supply/chain oversight and commercialization initiatives. For the supply chain side, you’ll primarily be managing critical supplier relationships while looking for opportunities to increase yield or decrease production costs. You’ll also work closely with the engineering and manufacturing teams to predict future production requirements. On the commercialization side, you’ll be leading the company's commercial planning process by laying out the groundwork for future sales, marketing, and distribution success. This will be a highly collaborative process where you will be interacting daily with other executive leaders to help develop this commercialization strategy. Expect to draw on your previous sales and marketing experience here, as well as your knowledge of the in-vitro diagnostics market, to help guide this process.
To succeed in this role, you should have at least 15 years of progressive experience in the medical device industry, especially with medical device startups or in-vitro diagnostics. You should be able to showcase your well-rounded background including experience in sales, marketing, and on the business management side. You’ll need to bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm every day, as in this startup environment, you’ll have minimal oversight from the CEO/BOD and will need to self-manage. We will be looking at your hiring and team development experience heavily, as you will be integral in the development of the future sales and marketing teams for this startup.
Submit your resume below or reach out to Joy Celebre to learn more!
What you will be doing:
- Managing critical supplier relationships, seeking efficiencies to drive down production costs while working with a multidisciplinary team to predict future manufacturing needs.
- Collaborating with other executives to develop the overall company commercial strategy.
- Hiring and managing key individuals in the sales and marketing arms of the startup.
What you must have:
- At least 15 years of progressive medical device management experience in sales, marketing, or general business management.
- High energy and enthusiasm with a willingness to tackle tough projects with minimal oversight from the CEO or BOD.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
Years of Experience: 15+ Medical Device with in-vitro diagnostics experience
Degree: BS/BA Required, MBA Preferred
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Legacy MedSearch was named to the 2019 and 2020 Forbes list of Best Recruiting Firms in America