Director of Business Development | Medical Device Contract Manufacturing | Midwest
2831 Grey Oaks Blvd Midwest, IN US
Director of Business Development | Contract Manufacturing | Midwest
This is a remote position, but proximity or easy access to major metro areas in the Midwest is preferred.
If you are a long-term minded salesperson who balks if someone calls you “salesy,” this Director of Business Development is for you. Our client is a global medical device contract manufacturer that has a relentless focus on the customer.
In this position, you will be uncovering new leads, converting those into new customers, and managing existing customer relationships with medical device manufacturers. You should be a long-term strategy player who thrives on building long term, collaborative relationships with your customers. A short-term, fire and forget mindset is not a fit for this role. You will have strong support throughout the organization and will also be responsible for managing and growing a team of business development representatives.
To succeed in this role, you must have previously sold contract manufacturing services to medical device manufacturers. Your expert understanding of the contract manufacturing market will be a key indicator for future success in the business. Strong sales acumen and a nuanced understanding of the medical device market is a given. If you have an engineering degree or other technical training, especially in plastics or injection molding, that would be helpful but is not necessary.
What you will be doing:
- Building profitable long-term relationships with medical device manufacturers by using your excellent knowledge of the medical device contract manufacturing market.
- Managing the growth and performance of a team of business development representatives.
- Cultivating strong relationships with the current customer base.
What you must have:
- Substantial experience selling contract manufacturing services to medical device manufacturers.
- A long-term strategic selling mindset with the strong ability to establish long term relationships with your customers.
- Expert level ability to solve your customers problems and provide world class service.
- Experience with plastic or injection molded technology.
Compensation: Highly competitive, but ultimately depends on your experience.
Years of Experience: 10+ in Medical Device Sales
Degree: BS/BA Required, MBA Preferred
Location: Remote with travel throughout the Midwest
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Legacy MedSearch was named to the 2019 and 2020 Forbes list of Best Recruiting Firms in America
Meet Your Recruiter
With a background in B2B Sales with Sprint’s enterprise division, Sean hit the ground running recruiting at Legacy. He quickly became an indispensable member of the Legacy team with his upbeat attitude, spirit for competition, and knack for finding all-star candidates for even the hardest to fill searches. He believes his best conversations are with perfect strangers, and welcomes to opportunity to connect with anyone and everyone.