Medical Technical Director | Manufacturing | LA, Minneapolis, or Philadelphia
220 Laurel Road Multiple Cities, -- 08043 US
Mid-sized plastics contract manufacturing company with an aggressive growth plan
- Strategy Development, Accelerate penetration in the Medical market by combining market expertise, customer knowledge, and technology.
- Completion and ongoing ownership of long-term strategic plan (granular benchmark vs. others / SWOT)
- Collaborate with sales leadership on strategic market subsegments - target customers, contacts, prospective projects
- Own technology roadmap and long-term capability enhancement assessment and gap closure.
- Support acquisition sourcing, due diligence, and integration
- Collaboration on annual planning - sales, capex, human resources - budget in support of category strategy.
- Quotation and Proposal Development, Drive estimating, costing, and pricing for complex medical programs.
- Screen and prioritize SSOs
- Organize engineering and costing efforts to optimize efficiency
- Coordinate and deliver substantive material that is responsive to the proposal request
- Technical Sales Support, support sales during the selling process
- Development of customer relationships outside of procurement
- Provide training to the sales team and customers
- Participate in the sales process to provide innovative engineering solutions that will meet customers' needs.
- Collaborate with customers to identify the best solution that meets customer need and matches COMAR's production capabilities.
- Develop face-to-face customer interaction: conduct field calls, site visits, and negotiate supply / quality agreements.
- Demonstration of market mastery ensure Comar is recognized as a thought leader and sought out for trends.
- Participation at trade shows and industry functions
- Speak at trade shows, publish articles in trade journals.
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure proper positioning via marketing collateral
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in engineering, plastics, or business.
- 10+ Years experience working within the medical device manufacturing field, specifically in injection molding and product assembly.
- Further experience in automation as well as account or program management are a plus.
- Ability to work alongside the commercial team and has experience making presentations to customers.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial mindset in order to fit well with the Comar culture.
Years of Experience: 10+ Years Plastics Experience
Degree: STEM BS
Location: LA, Minneapolis, or Philadelphia
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Legacy MedSearch was named to the 2019 Forbes list of Best Recruiting Firms in America
Plastics, Manufacturing, Technical Sales