Senior Electrical Engineer
3240 Bayshore Boulevard Brisbane, California 94005
We are seeking an exceptional engineer to help develop new medical device technologies and applications. Projects involve a broad range of technologies including complex laser and optical delivery systems, ultrasound, and radio-frequency devices. This position plays a key role in designing the complex electronics and write FPGA firmware that runs these products and supports their transition to market. The ideal candidate would enjoy designing and integrating firmware and electronics within systems that incorporate lasers, optics, electro-mechanics, software, and user interfaces.
- Be a key member of a fast-paced engineering team changing the landscape of medical aesthetics.
- Be the key technical FPGA and firmware resource in the company.
- Have a leading role in defining firmware architectures, timing requirements, and interfaces.
- Independently determine scope and schedule within department goals.
- Design and test firmware and electronics for lasers and RF devices.
- Assist in schematic capture and PCB layout of all electronics.
- Design and test PID controllers for temperature and current regulation.
- Lead system design, integration, and verification testing.
- Lead transition of new products from design to production.
- Provide key insight into risk management.
- Assist in electrical safety and EMC testing.
- Develop test plans for component and system level verification.
- Work closely with a group of embedded software engineers on system implementation.
- Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis on existing/new electronic designs.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science with 10+ years of related experience.
- You have commercially designed and released several products that includes firmware for medical or laser devices.
- Experience in systems level design, integration, and debug for medical devices.
- Proactive and independent about solving problems and communicating status.
- Good fundamental understanding of logic design, FPGA implementation, and Verilog.
- Experience in driving diode pumped solid-state and flashlamp pumped lasers preferred.
- Analog and digital design experience preferred.
- Strong systems and circuit board level debugging, testing, and documentation fundamentals.
- Good understanding of EMI, radiated emissions, and mitigation techniques.
- Comfortable with simulation and automation tools. LTspice, Matlab, Labview, FPGA test bench.
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout tools, preferably Altium Designer.
- Ability to work with other electrical, mechanical, optical, software engineers and scientists to develop new products.
- Experience with IEC 60601-1, EMC, ISO 14971, and regulatory compliance process preferred.
- The products contain high voltage electronics, control circuits, electro-mechanical devices, electro-optics and instrumentation. Candidate to be familiar and willing to quickly pick up those aspects of device design
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may have been abbreviated or maximized for online or mobile viewing. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Arshad is a seasoned recruiter in the healthcare space with over 15 years of experience in promoting career growth for healthcare professionals. He has played a critical role in the launch of several startup companies. He is known for versatility and leadership; expert in overseeing high-level priorities and a broad range of responsibilities.