Senior Embedded System Software Engineer
1938 New Highway New York, NY
- Provide hands on technical leadership in the full life cycle of design and implementation of software system for embedded devices and systems, from requirements through production and commercial launch, and maintenance.
- Run a major software development projects from concept to manufacturing
- Develop code in C & C++ language as required
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to solve complex system problems
- Lead major projects, or phases of projects, to resolve advanced and complex technical problems
- Assess source code for compliance to IEC 62304
- Perform feasibility investigation for new projects, systems, or approaches.
- Perform risk management activities including Software Risk Analysis (SRA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Operator Misuse Analysis (OMA), and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to identify design and process shortcomings, and methods for effective mitigations
- Support Software Quality Assurance to meet the requirements of our internal Quality System, including specific requirements of GMPs, FDA QSR, IEC 62304, and ISO 9001 standards
- Provide technical support for product engineering, design, development, integration, test, and evaluation
- Drive process and standards improvement efforts, provide mentoring to other software engineers, and lead the development team in the adoption of best practices and design methodologies
- DSP controllers with A/D and PWM executing real time control algorithms
- ARM core processor experience a plus
- C/C++, assembler, VHDL
- FPGA / CPLD / programmable logic debugging with simulator and debug cores.
- Schematic generation / Orcad
- Embedded system Hardware debug
- Embedded system Firmware debug
- Experience developing prototype boards with debug code in an IDE with JTAG emulator, logic analyzers, scope, etc.
- High reliability code / systems such as FDA Medical Device Guidance
- Signal processing and real time feedback control both analog and digital
- RTOS / VxWorks preferred.
Arshad is a seasoned recruiter in the healthcare space with over 15 years of experience in promoting career growth for healthcare professionals. He has played a critical role in the launch of several startup companies. He is known for versatility and leadership; expert in overseeing high-level priorities and a broad range of responsibilities.