Senior Mechanical Engineer | Surgical Medical Devices Boston
Boston, MA US
The Senior Mechanical Engineer for this high growth medical device midsize startup will have a hands-on role and will be responsible for the design, technical oversight, and development for a disruptive surgical platform. The company has FDA approval in several clinical areas and is anticipating growth into other clinical-surgical areas in the future.
- Develop test methods and conduct engineering feasibility studies and testing of new product designs
Write test protocols and reports in support of product and process verification/validation
- Contribute to technical discussions while being responsible for making mechanical design decisions using DFS and DFM principles
- Perform structural, dimensional, fluid, vibration, thermal, and reliability analyses to support new and existing product designs
- Provide life cycle support and maintenance for current and future platforms
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in technical Mechanical Engineering in a highly regulated environment AND
- 1+ years of complex medical device experience strongly preferred
- Experience documenting designs by constructing solid models, assemblies, and drawings with SolidWorks
Product development experience in a fast-paced, startup environment preferred
- Hands-on experience with applicable manufacturing processes such as injection molding, thermoforming, machining, and plastics assembly
- Experience creating documentation and test specifications
Compensation: $80,000-100,000 (commensurate with experience)
Years of experience: 6+ years
Degree: Minimum Bachelor’s degree – Engineering
NOTE: This job description is confidential and not intended to be all-inclusive. Contact the recruiter below for more information.
Legacy MedSearch was named to the 2019 Forbes list of Best Recruiting Firms in America.