Senior Mechanical Engineer - Surgical Robotics
475 Paramount Drive Boston, Massachusetts
The Senior Mechanical Engineer for an explosive growth medical device midsize startup in surgical robotics will have a hands-on role and will be responsible for the design, technical oversight, and development for a robotic surgical platform. The company has FDA approval in several clinical areas and is anticipating growth into other clinical-surgical areas in the future.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance of electro-mechanical systems and subsystems.
- Provide technical guidance for kinematics and controls engineering
- Contribute to technical discussions while being responsible for making mechanical design decisions using DFS and DFM principles
- Provide life cycle support and maintenance for current and future surgical robotic platforms
- Ensure that all QA and RA requirements are met
- 5+ years of experience in technical Mechanical Engineering in a highly regulated environment
- 1+ years of complex medical device experience strongly preferred
- Experience in Electrical or Systems Engineering with a focus on electro-mechanical motion-control
- Product development experience in a fast-paced, startup environment preferred
- Hands-on fabrication experience in plastics injection molding
- Experience creating documentation and test specifications
NOTE: This job description is confidential and not intended to be all-inclusive. Contact the recruiter below for more information.