Senior Software Development Engineer
16 Livermore Lane Boston, Massachusetts
The Senior Software Development Engineer for an explosive growth medical device startup in surgical robotics will have a hands-on role in the life cycle of system and software architectures for a robotic surgical platform in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The company has FDA approval in several clinical areas and are anticipating growth into other areas in the future.
- Contribute to system and software architectures; implement designs for the complex robotic medical device
- Provide knowledge of embedded, multi-platform, and distributed software systems
- Contribute to the design/implementation of multiple software subsystems from concept phase through design transfer/product launch.
- Ensure that software designs are correct, efficient, safe, and ready for regulatory review
- Apply creativity and ingenuity to design an innovative software system that can be delivered within program constraints.
- Test and troubleshoot embedded software - interface to higher level application software
- 10+ years of SW development experience, from concept to production
- QNX Neutrino or other Unix RTOS development experience
- Software design experience in C++/C
- Experience in complex controls and/or robotic systems
- Practical programming experience developing software for a FDA regulated product
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
NOTE: This job description is confidential and not intended to be all-inclusive. Contact the recruiter below for more information.