207 Mockingbird Lane Houston, Texas
Senior Toolmaker | “Tool Maker Dream Job”
Can you take a cocktail napkin concept to prototype and production in 0-60 with minimal supervision?
Working in a brand-new bleeding-edge facility with the newest equipment and ample room for advancement – this is a tool-makers dream job if you like new technology, a fast-paced work environment and autonomy to hone your craft with a highly regarded company.
Because of ‘hockey stick” growth, there is opportunity for rapid advancement for talented individuals.
Responsibilities (not a complete list)
- Create from work orders, 3D models, complex drawings, sketches (not always on cocktail napkins…), written and verbal instructions.
- Conceptualize finished job; interpret plans and layout work in productive operational sequence.
- Perform complex machining operations on CNC Mills, manual lathes, grinders and/or turning machines, manual tool room machines, and other related equipment involving routine setups and adjustments to maintain close tolerances and fits.
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements
- Select and layout material; make necessary calculations and select allowances for shrinkage, machining, finishing and fitting.
- Performs duties to plan, layout, build, alter, automate and repair customer requested components.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering functions such as; component design, translation of 3D models into CAD drawings and CAM programs.
- Education of OTJ experience with Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM), and Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) training, Solid Works, Master CAM, CNC programming and operation, operation of conventional equipment, and G-Code Programming
- CNC programming and operation of multi spindle lathes with live tools and 4 and 5 axis milling.
- Ability to quickly learn additional machines, controls, and technologies, such as; 3D printing, laser marking, laser welding, and waterjet cutting.
Base: $75,000 (Commensurate with experience)
Years of Experience: 5+
Location: Houston, TX
Recruiter: Arshad Alan
Recruiter phone: 407-591-3030
Recruiter Email: Arshad@LegacyMedSearch.com
Keywords for this role include: Senior. Toolmaker, “MasterToolmaker”, “CNC Programming” Machinist, Prototype Machinist, Hass CNC, Proto TRAK CNC, ESPRIT, Mastercam, Master Cam, Solidworks, CNC, CAM, Journeyman, CMMS, Gage R&R, Caliper GD&T, tool holders, cutting tools, boring heads, fixtures
Arshad is a seasoned recruiter in the healthcare space with over 15 years of experience in promoting career growth for healthcare professionals. He has played a critical role in the launch of several startup companies. He is known for versatility and leadership; expert in overseeing high-level priorities and a broad range of responsibilities.