VP of Sales
3 Elmhurst Street Boston, MA
The VP of Sales is responsible for formulating and executing on sales strategies sales plans and is a member of the executive management team. The VP of Sales is responsible for leading the sales team to success by setting appropriate annual sales targets and associated quotas and compensation plans. Responsible for updates and forecasts of sales performance. The position is responsible for defining the right structure of the sales organization and hiring top talent. The VP of Sales ensures that the sales team receives excellent and ongoing clinical, products and sales training to enhance and ensure team success. The VP of Sales, as an active member of the executive team, will collaborate cross functionally with all departments to ensure clear and continuous organizational communication.
- Deliver annual sales plans while achieving quarterly milestones
- Lead aggressive sales and targeted sales programs focused on increasing market penetration into the ophthalmic industry, increase customer base and customer trust.
- Engage the Directors of Sales in the creation of challenging, yet achievable, sales plans, energizing compensation plans and on-going promotions.
- Provide on-going sales status, forecast updates and sales team performance.
- Lead sales planning activities of new product introduction and launch activities.
- Support on-going needs of the sales teams to maximize results.
- Drive accountability of the sales team to deliver results and to manage sales pipeline openly and clearly through the company’s SFDC CRM platform.
- Instill individual excellence as well as teamwork values for the benefit of customer care and the overall success of the sales team and the business.
- Represent the US business in trade shows and in front of customers – develop and maintain strong customer and KOL rapport.
- Implement company policies and deliver high performance within budget.
- Bachelor's degree or higher education from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressively responsible sales management exp in capital equipment sales in ophthalmology or imaging with a minimum of seven years’ experience in sales management.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically order to lead the team and deliver on challenging yet achievable sales targets.
- 50% travel to include International travel.
NOTE: This job description is confidential and not intended to be all-inclusive. Contact Joy@LegacyMedSearch.com for more information.