Principal Electrical Engineer - Optics - 1535737
Greater Boston, -- 04019 US
Our client is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join their talented team of engineers with a built-in growth plan to become a Team Lead! In this role you will be conducting research, assisting in product development, and playing an integral role in testing new products. Great opportunity for an engineer in a regulated industry looking to grow in medical devices or someone looking to take on a leadership role!
- 5+ years of experience in the design and manufacturing of imaging electro-optical assemblies in the medical field or a highly regulated industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Experience with the following electrical and electronic systems and subsystems:
- Motion control electronics for precision positioning
- Image sensors and cameras e.g. CMOS, CCDs, etc.
- Embedded microcontrollers, microprocessors, DC power supplies
- Analog to > 10MHz and digital video signals to >400MHz rates
- EMI/EMC design
- Real-time Image processing hardware
- A/C and D/C coupled detectors
- Schematic design and review
- Experience with USB, Ethernet, Video (MIPI, HDMI, LVDS).
- Understanding of data protocols: e.g. Asynchronous/Synchronous Serial (UART, RS-232, RS-485), SPI, SCI, USB, I2C and TCP/IP communications protocols.
- Hand-on capabilities, ability to use electronic test equipment: oscilloscope, digital multimeter, signal generator, frequency counter, spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer.
- Understanding of design for EMI/EMC requirements (MIL, IEC 60601, etc.), and corresponding qualification testing
- Stay current on new technology, always conducting research.
- Contribute to product definition and architecture.
- Create detailed design reviews complete with performance analysis and system trade-off analysis.
- Test and evaluation of performance parameters at both the component and system level.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of Electrical Engineer experience
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Greater Boston
This job description is not exhaustive and may have been condensed for online or mobile viewing. It does not encompass all duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job, and is subject to amendments at the sole discretion of the Employer. Employees may also perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the organization's ongoing needs.
Legacy MedSearch was named to the 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 Forbes list of Best Recruiting Firms in America.
Meet Your Recruiter
Account Manager | Recruiter
Joy has worked for Legacy MEDSearch since 2008 in various roles and is very connected in the Medical Device community. Joy works on a large variety of roles, covering all levels of seniorities and all specialties in the industry. She is dedicated to helping her clients build their dream team but also helping candidates with their career goals whether she places them or not.